A massive set of updates to the maps that I use. A bit of something for any EverQuest player, from Original EQ all the way through the new expansion.
* I moved credits/collection/raid/hunter legend info into layer 2 maps. I have a program that I wrote where I can re-generate this information. Lot’s of great info can be found in the legend, and best of all, I can add more without having to dig around editing the raw map files. A great example of this would be for Sanctus Seru, one of the legend items says: Praesertum Bikun (1/4 Arx Key)- Timer: 3 days +/- 12 hours
* I renamed hundreds of zone connections. Instead of “Neriak” it would say the actual zone name, such as “Neriak Foreign Quarter”. Another good example would be “Solusek B” will say “Nagafen’s Lair”.
* I reconciled all raid/hunter from original EQ through LDoN and made sure the mobs are listed in the map files and in the legend. I am almost done with these achievements, and as I have done them, I’ve high-sunned mobs, and clarified their positions. I am missing a few hunter locations, but I have a record of exactly which ones they are and plan on adding them.
* Halas – added Dok’s Cigars label
* Jaggedpine Forest – added mountains throughout zone
* Najena – added lock info
* Neriak Forest – added all NPCs
* Permafrost Keep – redid pit area. redid passage from pit to Vox’s lair
* Runnyeye – redid coloring to help navigate the different levels
* Steamfont Mountains – redid perimeter of zone. Added mountains. Added all NPCs
* Stonebrunt Mountains – added mountains. Redid rivers and water
* Burning Woods – added mountains
* City of Mist – added lock info. Cleaned up map
* Frontier Mountains – added mountains
* Howling Stones – Cleaned up map. Clearly marked traps. Massive improvement on appearance
* Trakanon’s Teeth – Cleaned up ruins in SW and E
* Veeshan’s Peak – Redid lava tunnels. Added missing areas off the paths. Added missing lava tunnel area in NE.
* Crystal Caverns – redid coloring to help navigate levels
* Plane of Mischief – sunk a ton of time into redoing this zone. Massive improvement over any map I can find
* Temple of Veeshan – cleaned up map
* Tower of Frozen Shadow – cleaned up map
* Acrylia Caverns – cleaned up map. Added labels. Added information on fake bridge, teleporter, and other missing info
* Akheva Ruins – cleaned up map
* Grimling Forest – cleaned up map. Adjusted zoneline to Hollowshade Moor
* Katta Castellum – added all NPCs
* Shadeweaver Thicket – added mountains
* Shadowhaven – cleaned up map. Added all NPCs
* Skyshrine – cleaned up map. Added arrows to maze area. Labeled teleporters. Clearly show pit traps
* Ssraeshza Temple – cleaned up map. Added a missing area to the basement. Added lock info
* The Deep – cleaned up ramp from pit area. Tweaked invisible bridge after falling off a couple times when doing hunter
* Tenebrous Mountains – added mountains
Planes of Power
* Bastion of Thunder – colored teleporters yellow to be consistent with my other maps
* Doomfire – redid the entire zone from scratch. The z-axis in any map I could find was off by a factor of 10
* Halls of Honor – added missing graveyard area near zone in. Added stairs. Added missing SW area of zone.
* Plane of Knowledge – added some missing NPCs
* Plane of Justice – cleaned up zone out area to Tranquility
* Plane of Nightmare – clearly show the one-way cliff dropoff. Also all the dropoffs in the hobgoblin caves
* Plane of Tactics – labeled teleporters, doors, NPCs
* Stronghold of the Twelve – redid the entire zone from scratch. All the maps I could find had z-axis problems
* Vegarlson – redid the entire zone from scratch. Z-axis was horrible in any map I could find
Legacy of Ykesha
* Dulak – fixed z-axis in central area of zone leading the mines. Fixed door locations, added missing doors. Cleaned up area around the bar’s shark hole
* Hates Fury – redid large portions of zone. Clearly marked steps, ladders
* Torgiran Mines – color coded underwater tunnels. Fixed doors
Lost Dungeons of Norrath
* Redid all the zones. Massive improvements to every single map.
* Walls are straight where they should be, improving appearance
* As I was doing the LDoN hunters, I fixed numerous mob locations
* Guk zones – redid all the maps with special focus on the multi-level & bridge areas
* Mir zones – redid all. Noted some raid locations
* Mmc zones – redid all
* Ruj zones – redid all
* Tak – redid all. Special focus on doors & stairs to make it easier to run through the zone
Gates of Discord
* Abysmal Sea. Redid map. Added all NPCs. Added boat path and labeled boat landing locations
* Barindu – Redid 90% of map. Map looks significantly better
* Ferubi – Adjusted zonelines
* Kod’Taz – I took the buildings that Goodurden had redone on his maps, cleaned them up, and placed them into the maps I had
* Natimbi Shores – added boat paths. Added all NPCs
* Nedaria’s Landing – added boat paths
* QVIC – flipped majority of zone over to what Goodurden had recently done, after cleaning it up
Omens of War
* Dranik’s Hollows (A) – redid map
* Dranik’s Hollows (B) – redid map
* Dranik’s Hollows (C) – redid map
Dragons of Norrath
* The Broodlands – cleaned up the labels. Cleaned up map. Lava is now red (versus brown). Consolidated over 1,000 lines
* Lavaspinner’s Lair – found a fake wall and added a missing area to the map!
* Lavastorm Mountains – cleaned up map. Added all NPCs
* Stillmoon Temple – redid map. Looks significantly better
* Thundercrest Isles – took Goodurdens recent map, cleaned it up, added stairs, doors, etc
The Buried Sea
* Buried Sea – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Cleaned up. Added boat paths. Tweaked geometry
* Deadbone Reef – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Cleaned up. Small geometry fixes
* Jardel’s Hook – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Cleaned up. Fixed ship.
* Maiden’s Grave – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Cleaned up.
* Monkey Rock – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Cleaned up. Added upper levels to tower. Added terrain. Synchronized with Brother Island map
* Redfeather Isle – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Cleaned up.
* Suncrest Isle – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Cleaned up.
The Darkened Sea
* Brother Island – leveraged Monkey Rock map
Depths of Darkhollow
* Corathus Creep – consolidated 3000+ lines. Cleaned up geometry. Clearly marked zonelines
* Corathus Lair – consolidated 2100+ lines. Colored levels. Added mine tracks
* Stoneroot Falls – clarified zonelines. Water is now blue
* Undershore – clarified zonelines. Water is now blue. Cleaned up ramps
Prophesy of Ro
* Arcstone – added labels throughout zone
Secrets of Faydwer
* Steam Factory – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Cleaned up
* SHIP Workshop – used Goodurden’s as baseline. Recolored levels. Labeled floors to match quest write ups on Allahkazam. Added steps
Empires of Kunark
Frontier Mountains – redid northern line of the zone and added RoS zone connection
Scorched Woods – added RoS zone connection
* Pirateship Interior – created map for this house. Dropped this layout into Jardel’s Hook map.
Ring of Scale
Overthere – my first draft of the zone. Very small file at just 125k. File now slightly larger now that I’ve included buildings & the trail around zone.
Skyfire – my first draft of the zone. Very small file at just 147k. File now slightly larger after adding some of the mountains.