As I’ve been working my way through EoK, I’ve added quite a few labels. In addition, I saw the hunter information that was on EQResource and added that as well (after standardizing colors & labeling). If you are in EoK, I think you’ll be happy with these changes.
For those on progression servers, I’ve redone a few older maps. Veksar, Shadow Haven (massive cleanup & NPC labeling), Fungus Grove, Netherbian Lair, Greig’s End, and Umbral Plains.
Throughout beta, I did quite a bit of mapping. Final versions of my maps are attached. Lceanium, Scorched Woods, Frontier Mountains, Korshaext, and Chardoktwo are originals. Drogab is a slightly modified version of a map I cleaned up years ago. For Korshaint, I added Goodurden’s with my standardized labels.
Throughout the beta, I added quite a few hunter mobs to my maps with their locations. Final release may vary…
Empires of Kunark Maps
I started wondering how big EverQuest was in terms of square miles. After searching around the internet to no avail, I wrote a small program to give the coordinate differences, calculate square feet, and then total the miles.
Grand total: 294.1 Square Miles*
*Note: Should be a bit higher, but missing a few instanced zones that I’m going to find and map.
Top 5 biggest zones (numbers are in square miles):
1. Iceclad Ocean: 20.1
2. Timorous Deep: 11.0
3. Ocean of Tears: 7.0
4. Eastern Wastes: 5.3
5. Zxeishi’s Awakening: 5.3
Perhaps after the next expansion, EverQuest will have over 300 square miles of territory.
Posted a full set of the map files that I use. 518 main zones, 1500+ files.
In this collection, I included maps I made:
Plane of Health
Plane of Life
Plane of Decay
Plane of Hate
Tower of Rot
Tons of cleanup on GoD maps.
Hundreds of hunter locations through Veil of Alaris.
Best of all, these are all color coded to the same scheme all the other files use.
I just published zip file containing all the maps I use (link). Thousands of additional mob/named/locations. Other highlights:
* The Hole – completely redone.
* Tower of Rot – completely redone.
* Field of Bone B
* Ship MVU
* Ship PVU
* Ship UVU
* Ship MVM
* Ship MVP
Over the years, I have downloaded, created or re-mapped an enormous number of maps in EverQuest. Unfortunately, this led to enormous inconsistencies. I took it upon my self to redo almost a thousand files. I’ve added a menu to this website with a download of all the files. MAPS
Main features of these maps:
* Zone files separated into three portions: Main file for geometry, second file for labels, and third file for coordinates.
* Distinct colors for: Zones (red), Teleports/Secret Doors (Yellow), Location Name (White), Bankers (Gold), Merchants (Green), Parcels/Special Currency Vendors(Bright Green), Quest givers (Teal), Raid givers (Bright Teal), Named/Hunter (Brown), Tradeskill Containers (Purple), Special Tradeskill Containers (Pink), GM’s (Grey), Ground spawn (Blue), and a few others.
* Font size for important features, such as zones are large, other labels are medium, and ground spawns are small.
* Coordinates show a red X with 0,0 with all four combinations of positive negative locations.
* Full credits given to original authors if known.
I was in Castle Mistmoore recently, and the in-game map was absolutely horrible. I thought I could just touch it up, but wound up redoing the entire map of the zone from scratch. Replace your current TXT file with the one attached below before your next visit.