My collection of in-game maps are all contained in the zip file linked below. These are best-of maps that I have put time into cleaning up, clarifying, and correcting. Better yet, I’ve quested from original EQ to present and added enormous numbers of hunter/named/quests/merchants and etc.
New version of map files. If you are in EoK or doing progression server in Luclin, there are tons of enhancements:
* Removed all obsolete zones from map collection. Place these files in a new folder or delete any existing files in your Brewall maps folder.
* Folded EoK maps into the file
* Lceanium – Collection & Hunter info.
* Scorched Woods – Collection, Hunter, & Quest info.
* Frontier Mountains – Collection, Hunter & Quest info.
* Temple of Droga – Collection, Hunter & Quest info.
* Gates of Kor’Sha – Collection, Hunter & Quest info.
* Kor’Sha – Hunter info.
* New map for Timorous Deep. Clean boat lines, shorelines, and more labels.
* New map for Veksar. Clean lines and notes on one-way ramps.
* New map for Fungus Grove. Clean geometry, colored upper & lower areas.
* New map for Netherbian Lair. Geometry cleanup. Cleaned NW area of zone.
* New map for Greig’s End. Door cleanup. Teleporter information
* New map for Umbral Plains. Geometry cleanup. Clean tunnels. More labels.
Empires of Kunark maps added as a separate download (see above). I’ll fold them into a single zip file after the initial frenzy of downloads wears off.
A massive update of all original EverQuest zones. I tried to look at the map as a newcomer to the game, reviewing them for clarity in navigation and labeling. I loaded each zone into a 3D modeling program (Sketchup), cleaned up geometry, and visited the zone to remap and label everything. My final review was visiting the zone with my old EQAtlas binder printouts and adding additional information. Some zones took 3-4 hours to redo, others, took 10+.
For starting players, I remapped the tutorial zones:
- Mines of Gloomingdeep (tutoriala). New map
- Mines of Gloomingdeep (tutorialb). New map. All NPC’s & labels
From there, I moved out to all starting cities; cleaning up navigation, geometry, stairs, doors, cultural forges, boats, and etc. Every NPC was reviewed and added if missing. Merchant information was also fixed. Both Freeport zone maps looked so bad, I redid them from scratch. Zones like Paineel, Erudin, Erudin Palace, Neriak Ak’Anon, Shar val, took an enormous amount of geometry cleanup and many had missing areas. East Cablis was also rough in cleaning up the tower & catacomb areas.
- Paineel (paineel)
- Erudin (erudnext)
- Erudin Palace (erudnint)
- Halas (halas)
- South Qeynos (qeynos)
- North Qeynos (qeynos). Fixed basement areas
- Mountains of Rathe (rathemtn)
- Oggok (oggok)
- Grobb (grobb)
- Rivervale (rivervale)
- Neriak Foreign Quarter (neriaka)
- Neriak Commons (neriakb)
- Neriak Third Gate (neriakc)
- The Greater Faydark (gfaydark)
- Felwithe North (felwithea)
- Felwithe South (felwitheb)
- Ak’Anon (akanon)
- Kaladim North
- Kaladim South
- West Freeport (freeportwest)
- East Freeport (freeporteast)
- East Cabilis (cabeast)
- West Cabilis (cabwest)
- Shar Val (sharval)
- Crescent Reach (crescent)
For other EQ zones:
- Cleaned up all zone geometry & line colors
- Removed over 149,969 lines from the files with no loss of quality by using a custom-written program that removed lines to nowhere and merged tiny lines into larger adjacent lines
- Added EQAtlas labels
- Added Traps, clearly marked pit traps (e.g. North Qeynos rogue guild area)
- Added stairs, doors, checked zonelines, secret doors, etc.
- Added Locked Doors, labeled keys & lockpick information
Original EverQuest zones that were standardized and notable changes:
- Stonebrunt (stonebrunt)
- The Warrens (warrens)
- The Ruins of Old Paineel (hole)
- Toxxulia Forest (toxxulia)
- Erud’s Crossing (erudsxing)
- Everfrost Peaks (everfrost). Remapped west side of zone
- Permafrost Keep (permafrost). Layer cleanup
- Qeynos Catacombs (qcat)
- Surefall Glade (qrg). Cave remap
- Qeynos Hills (qeytoqrg)
- Blackburrow (blackburrow). Geometry & layers
- The Jaggedpine Forest (jaggedpine)
- Nedaria’s Landing (nedaria)
- West Karana (qey2hh1)
- North Karana (northkarana)
- South Karana (southkarana)
- Infected Paw (paw). Geometry & layers
- Lake Rathetear (lakerathe)
- The Arena (arena). New map
- The Ferrott (feerott)
- Plane of Fear (fearplane)
- Cazic-Thule (cazicthule). Layer cleanup
- Innothule Swamp (innothuleb)
- Upper Guk (guktop)
- Lower Guk (gukbottom)
- South Ro (southro)
- North Ro (northro)
- Ruins of Takish-Hiz (takishruins)
- East Karana (eastkarana). Cleanup of gorge area
- Gorge of King Xorbb (beholder)
- Clan RunnyEye (runnyeye). Layer cleanup, colors & doors
- Misty Thicket (mistythicket)
- Kithicor Forest (kithicor)
- Highpass Hold (highpasshold). Buildings & many canyons remapped
- Highkeep (highkeep). Layer cleanup. Stairs, doors, and missing areas
- Commonlands (commonlands)
- Befallen (befallen)
- Nektulos Forest (nektulos)
- Lavastorm Mountains (lavastorm)
- Najena (najena)
- Temple of Solusek Ro (soltemple). Remapped 90%+ of zone
- Solusek’s Eye (soldunga). Remapped 80%+ of zone
- Nagafen’s Lair (soldungb)
- The Cavern’s of Exile (soldungc). New map
- Steamfont Mountains (steamfontmts)
- The Lesser Faydark (lfaydark)
- Castle Mistmoore (mistmoore)
- Clan Crushbone (crushbone)
- Butcherblock Mountans (butcher)
- Dagnor’s Cauldron (cauldron)
- Kedge Keep (kedge). Tubes cleaned up, info to get to Phiny Room
- Estate of Unrest (unrest). Geometry cleanup & stairs
- Ocean of Tears (oceanoftears)
- Freeport Sewers (freeportsewers)
- Plane of Sky (airplane). Key info
- Plane of Knowledge (poknowledge). Geometry cleanup, all NPC’s added
- The Bazaar (bazaar). Fixed bad tunnels
- Guild Lobby (Guild lobby)
- Grand Guild Hall (guildhallrg)
- Guild Hall (guildhall)
- Wedding Chapel Light (weddingchapel). New map
- Wedding Chapel Dark (weddingchapeldark). New map
In addition to redoing original EverQuest zones, many of the maps in the subsequent expansions went through one round of cleanup, but I still haven’t finalized them.
- Field of Bone
- Warsliks Wood
- Temple of Droga
- Swamp of No Hope
- Firiona Vie
- Lake of Ill Omen
- Burning Woods
- Old Seblis. New map (final)
- City of Mist
- Skyfire Mountains
- Frontier Mountains
- The Overthere
- The Emerald Jungle
- Trakanon’s Teeth
- Karnor’s Castle. New map (final)
- Howling Stones
- Mines of Nurga
- Veeshan’s Peak
Scar’s of Velious:
- Iceclad Ocean
- Tower of Frozen Shadow
- Eastern Wastes
- Cobalt Scar
- Great Divide
- The Wakening Lands
- Dragon Necropolis
- Growth Plane
- The Nexus
- Echo Caverns
- Acrylia Caverns
- The Deep
- Shadeweaver’s Thicket
- Hollowshade Moor
- Grimling Forest
- Marus Seru
- Mons Letalis
- The Twilight Sea
- The Grey
- The Tenebrous Mountains
- The Maiden’s Eye
- Dawnshroud Peaks
- The Scarlet Desert
- The Umbral Planes
- Akheva Ruins
- Brell’s Arena. New Map
Removed all the old zones that no longer exist from the map file. No need for the old South Ro, North Ro, Oasis, East Freeport, West Freeport, Barter, Commons, East Commons, North Freeport, Highkeep, Highpass, Misty Thicket, Tox, Kerra Ridge, Maurader’s Mire, and other random junk from various map collections that no longer exist.
Also added quite a bit of information in Rain of Fear zones as I’ve been knocking out various quests.
Includes all of my personal maps for The Broken Mirror. All maps created by me.
Includes Plane of Hate with accurate second floors on the main floor and top floor. Took me a long time to get z-axis clean.
Hundreds and hundreds of hunter locations in dozens of zones. Especially Veil of Alaris.
HOW TO INSTALL:
- Download the ZIP file of the maps
- Unzip the contents
- Locate where EverQuest installed on your computer; typically the C:\users\public\Everquest folder.
- Create a new folder called Brewall under Everquest’s map folder (e.g. C:\users\public\Everquest\maps\Brewall)
- Copy the unzipped map files to this folder.
- Start EQ and login with one of your characters
- Open your map window, in the upper left corner, you should see a dropdown box. Select Brewall.
Note: I do not recommend placing custom maps in the main maps folder. The reason for this is that every time EverQuest starts, it overwrites 100 zones with default maps. When this happens, any custom geometry is lost and labels will often duplicate.